As a proud FIDI member, De Haan is focused on adapting to the trends in the market. The global mobility experts at the Fidi Global Alliance have noticed the following emerging trends in Global Mobility.
(1) Mobile technology & data. The growing use of mobile technology to improve expat communication and collaboration indicates a bright future for all of us. Additionally, more and more mobility departments rely on data analytics to improve measurements and decision-making.
(2) Privacy and Risk. Unsurprisingly, managing risk, compliance and addressing security and privacy issues are going to be number one on every global mobility professional’s New Year task list.
(3) New types of assignments. The ongoing evolution of global assignments away from traditional long-term engagements to shorter projects is going strong. Flexible accommodation and care are steadily evolving along with this trend.
(4) Cross-cultural awareness. The increased importance of cultural and linguistic cooperation and consideration is seen as the basis of a successful expatriation.
(5) Talent management. The effect of global mobility in attracting and retaining talented employees is clear– yet growth is still needed, with an emphasis on the emotional and psychological side of the expat experience.
(6) Equality & diversity. The need to modernize attitudes with regard to religious, gender, lifestyle and racial equality is growing.